Proliant and Accountants One to Host a Free CPE Event - Data Defense First-Line Detection is Bottom-Line Protection
by Proliant, on Aug 28, 2018 2:45:42 PM
Without the proper defense strategy in place, accounting and financial professionals can leave their data and critical systems susceptible to security hacks. Learn the difference between data privacy and security, the regulatory landscape, observations and threats, laws and compliance, and more at this networking breakfast and panel discussion sponsored by Accountants One and Proliant. Take advantage of this opportunity to earn two hours of CPE, which meets the CISA/CISM, CPA, CIPP, and education time for HRCI.
Register now for this limited seating network security event to be held Thursday, September 13 at Roam Dunwoody in Atlanta, GA.
Joining the group of panelists is Proliant’s own Director of IT, Gus Turcios:
Gus Turcios has 22 years of progressive experience in various industries ranging from airlines to global software companies. He has built, managed, and maintained global enterprise infrastructures. "My hacker alter ego will say ‘graduate of University of Florida with a BS in BS, prior holder of OCCP, MCSA, CCNA, CISSP certifications. I am an advocate that real-world experience in enterprise environments trumps degrees and certifications and is a key differentiator in the Information Technology industry. Security is not an option but an obligation. My other computer, is your computer!”
Located at Roam Dunwoody – (Next to LA Fitness) 1155 Mount Vernon Hwy NE, Suite 800, Atlanta, GA 30338
Register for this event HERE
- 7:30 – 8:00 AM - Networking breakfast and registration
- 8:00 – 9:00 AM - Keynote Presentation – Asim Fareeduddin, Vice President, IT Security & Regulatory Controls Assurance for RELX, on “Data Defense-First-Line Detection is Bottom-Line Protection”
- 9:00 – 10:00 AM - Panel Q&A
- Gus Turcios, Director of IT at Proliant, Inc.
- Carolyn Holcomb, Cybersecurity & Privacy Partner at PwC
- Bess Hinson, Senior Associate & Chair, Cybersecurity & Privacy Practice at Morris, Manning, & Martin, LLP
- Patrick Daniel, Manager – IT Audit Services at Moore Colson
A Sonos Wireless Speaker will be raffled off during the event. To win, you must be present. Seating is limited. To learn more and to register, click here.
This CPE course meets the CISA/CISM, CPA, CIPP, and education time for HRCI. For more information, contact Tori Wheeler wit Accountants One at 770-395-6969 or firstname.lastname@example.org